Tuesday 30 March 2010

Virgin territory

So here I am, never having blogged before and never having built anything before (I don't think flat pack Ikea bookshelves count). My goal is to document the whole process - whether I will actually fulfill that goal is another matter entirely.

The whole project is being undertaken by myself and my two sisters. None of us really speak French (which is perhaps a bit of an understatement), none of us have any useful sort of skills but we do have a dream of living in a strawbale house and many books to help us get there :)

We have already purchased the land which I will talk about in more detail in its own post and we have just submitted our planning application which also needs its own post.

Hopefully people will find this helpful and our network of strawbale mad friends and people wanting to participate will increase.

4 comments:

  1. This is so neat, Tam! I look forward to hearing more about your progress!
    You three do the coolest things.
    Hope everything is going well, strawbale and otherwise!
    Cheers,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tam! So it's happening...look forward to hearing all your experiences. Having a friend that has done the 'move to France' thing, I've heard some of her stories about tradesman and red tape (not to frighten you off!). And I'll definitely drop by to check out progress when next in la Belle France!
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what do you mean "no skills"? I have skills coming out the ying yang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blog have sent it to lots of friends so hope it snowballs

    ReplyDelete